Ultra Run - For Jessica

 So, peer pressure's a thing. Having never run even a half marathon before (let alone a full one) somehow I got talked into this - 50k (31m) of trail running up, down and over the stunning South Downs Way. 

I can't wait! (no really)

Beyond just peer pressure however, here's my motivation and tribute...

For five years my dear dad lived with and battled against cancer, regularly climbing metaphorical hills and mountains of his own. With grit and determination he made his final years count and then just 3 months before his death fought overwhelming discomfort to travel 77miles in the back seat of a car to meet my firstborn son just hours after his birth. Whilst we miss my dad to this day, he left us with happy memories and full hearts grateful for his legacy of love and courage.

Then, a few years later in 2017 my gorgous little neice, a feisty and full of life 3yr old was diagnosed with kidney cancer. Devastated by the diagnosis and tragically familiar with the terrifying dragon of cancer we all braced ourselves for the worse. But in Jessica, cancer met its match. Her inner Xena slayed the beast, cut of its head and marched to victory ringing her freedom bell on 22 May 2018. 

Now, four years after finishing her treatment she's still cancer free, still full of life and still pretty fiesty!

Jess, you fiery dragon slayer, this is my tribute you!

With both my dad and Jess we as a family relied heavily on the huge love and support of familiy, friends and charity groups to help get us through.  

I'm honoured to be able to have the chance to support the incredible local family support charity WOLO.

Wolo Foundation helps to improve the quality of life of families living in Sussex affected by cancer. To read more about Wolo, their story and the ways in which you can help, please visit www.wolofoundation.org

To donate to my run visit: