The Father In Whom We Hope

Devotional studies on the nature of God the Father from the Gospel of John.

This morning's entire reading can be found here.
But I will not accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set.
John 5:45
Two things to say here:

  1. They will (and we will) have to give an account to God of our lives. He is the highest authority and the one to whom we'll answer.
  2. We are to set our hopes on him. I will hope in him. Jesus says to the Pharisees 'you've set your hopes (for rescue and national revival) on Moses' The reason that's a problem is becaise the Father is the only one we should hope in for those things. He is our deliverer and the one who will rescue us.
Father. Yours is the name above every name, yours is the will I seek and the on I choose today to set me hope in. You alone can rescue.